April 14, 2011

Hot Hamburger sandwiches and fries.

Tonight we had hot hamburger sandwiches and fries. It is one of our favorite meals.
Seasoned Fries.
I peeled and cut up my potatoes this morning and put them in cold water in the fridge. This is not a requirement I just had the time this morning and knew I wouldn't have the time tonight.

In a plastic bag I  put a little flour, season salt, garlic powder, pepper, chili powder and paprika. I then shook the bag a little to combine everything and then added the fries and shook to coat them. I then baked them on a greased pan at 400 degrees until they were done. (I poked them with a fork every once in a while to tell how tender they were)

Then I mad some hamburgers. After they were all cooked I add the cheese, I like Provolone and The Hairy Hubby likes Colby Jack or Cheddar. A trick to melting the cheese is to add a little water and then put the lid on, the steam from the water will melt the cheese marvelously.

For the gravy we just use the brown gravy packets and follow the directions on the packet.. although sometimes i add dried onions to the gravy.

For the bread you can use a bun and put a burger on each side or tonight we used a slice of Bountiful Baskets' Chabata bread.

-Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok im gonna try this next week. That looks delicious