April 16, 2011

Epic Meatloaf


1 lb hamburger
1 box Stove Top stuffing
1 cup water
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 egg
1 chopped onion
Seasonings


Combine 1 cup water with the pouch of Stove Top to moisten contents.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Seasonings should be based on
what flavor you're going for. ie: Italian (basil, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, etc.),
Mexican (cumin, red pepper, chili powder, salt, etc.) just don't forget
the salt or else it'll taste funny!

Spoon mixture into baking dish* (I use a bread pan). And bake at 350 for
45-60 mins or until done (obviously).

*Before you cook it you can also add things to the top - if you're making
it Mexican style you can put salsa, or if you're doing Italian you can
add spaghetti sauce or Italian dressing. Play around with your favorite
seasonings and have fun with it!

p.s. Heather, I apologize for "epic" but "awesome meatloaf" just didn't sound right...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum :) I like the picture.
I add onions and pepperonis to ours :) oh and celery. And i use crackers or dried bread instead of stuffing because once again, Levi is a whiner.
I've never put crushed tomatoes in but im so doing it next time

Kristin said...

I've never been able to make mine taste good unless I've used Stove Top! I've tried bread and oats and neither of them tasted as good (by far) than the Stove Top did.
Oh and thanks for reminding me about the onion part.
Next time I'll try celery and pepperoni!