April 16, 2011

Chicken Rolls


We had chicken rolls for dinner, the original way I learned how to make these is with crescent rolls, but my husband hates crescent rolls so I make them with Becky's bun recipe.

Cut up some chicken into small pieces and cook it. Throw it in a bowl with some cream cheese that has been softened and mix it all together, pile it on top of your dough, then bake at 400 until the buns are nice and browned.

Dough recipe:
1 1/2 cup water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
4 cups flour
1 pkg yeast

I put the water in a bowl (make sure its pretty warm) Then add the yeast and let it sit for a few minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients, knead it, roll it out, put the yummy chicken on it and cook it.

I like to add other things inside of there (cabbage, carrots, celery, etc.) But nobody else in my family likes that... Its good though.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! You make it with home-made dough! You're fancy!
We had these at Scott's moms the other day and Mindy made them. She used the Pillsbury roll thingies and put water chestnuts, onion pieces, and celery pieces in with the chicken and creame cheese. After she had them all rolled up she rolled it in butter and then in ground up Stove-Top stuffing. It was really good!!
We've put jalapenos in them before too - it's very hot.
It's fun to add different things to it to see what happens. I'll have to try the cabbage and carrots one day too!! I LOVE these and they're pretty easy!

Anonymous said...

yummy!!!